The recipe is extremely is simple without much complications, yet some tips and recommendations for aloo sandwich recipe. firstly, any bread slices can be used for this recipe but i personally recommend to use white bread slices for better result. moreover i have toasted the bread slices on tawa which can also be grilled in sandwich grill or toast sandwich. secondly, i have added crushed pepper and red chilli powder to the aloo stuffing, but you can also add finely chopped green chillies to make it more spicier. however skip these spices if you are serving it to kids. lastly, i have prepared the sandwich with only 2 breads, but you can also prepare with 3 slices similar to club sandwich. apply butter spread to the third slices and place at the centre of the sandwich.
Recipe Card for Aloo Sandwich
- PREP TIME:10 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME:20 MINUTES
- SERVINGS: SERVINGS
- AUTHOR:HEBBARS KITCHEN
- 2 potato / aloo, boiled & mashed
- 2 tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp capsicum, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp salt
- 8 slices bread, white / brown
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 4 tbsp green chutney
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp pepper, crushed
- 1 block cheddar cheese, grated
- butter for roasting
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 boiled and mashed potato, 2 tbsp onion, 2 tbsp capsicum and 1 tbsp coriander.
- also add ½ tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp chaat masala and ¼ tsp salt.
- combine well making sure all the ingredients are mixed well.
- now take 2 slices of bread and spread 1 tbsp tomato sauce and 1 tbsp green chutney on each slice of bread.
- spread a tbsp of prepared aloo masala over bread slice.
- also, place tomato slices over aloo masala.
- then sprinkle crushed black pepper.
- further grate cheddar cheese generously.
- cover with another slice of bread and press gently.
- roast the sandwich with butter on both sides.